What to consider when choosing your wedding invitation
A wedding day… well we don’t have to tell you how important it is and how big the decisions are that lead up to the big day. Every little detail is important and the wedding invitation is one of the top priorities. Like finding the perfect dress, the invitation can be fun to put together but can also be very stressful.
Here are some items to consider when you are planning:
- Details like correct location, times, and addresses of the wedding and the reception areas.
- An RSVP if you need to get a response back on food or attendance.
- Write out what you want and have at least two other people proofread it. It’s too easy to overlook your own spelling and grammar mistakes.
- How long it will take to get them printed.
- Fonts, colors, and style – When selecting a font take into account both the appearance and legibility. If you want a frilly style font you probably want to use it decoratively and for text that will be printed large. For the smaller text you will want a complimentary font that is less flamboyant and easier to read. This will provide a good balance between elegance and legibility. The colors will normally be related to the decorative colors of the wedding. Paper selection is best done with the printer as there are many styles relating to texture, finish, weight and color. We can help you bring together a combination that will best suit your style and needs.
- Don’t forget the "Thank You" cards. If you don’t get them when you pick up your invitations, you may be less likely to do so after the wedding.
Stop by Macon Printing and look at our catalogs of wedding invitations so you can choose the perfect invitation for your perfect day. If you have questions feel free to ask. We are here to help.